Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Change of Plans

Crazy Bangkok rain..


Wow, wow, wow.

It's been such a hectic few week. Lots of changes have been happening. Actually, no, I'm wrong. There's only been one huge change. The big news is, I'm not going to the London College of Fashion anymore, and I'm not going to pursue any Fashion Journalism degree. After much deliberation and talking with my parents, it seems that Fashion Journalism would be a dead end career. I convinced myself I was eventually going to like it. I don't think I am passionate about Journalism enough to really pursue a career in it and follow through it. Therefore, I've come to terms that LCF isn't going to happen anymore.

However, I am still going to school in London though. Whilst I applied to LCF, I also applied to the London College of Communication for a BA in Marketing and Advertising. I already have a background in Marketing from FIDM, so it just seems like the next logical step. So this week it's been all about getting my documents together for my student visa, withdrawing myself from LCF and officially accepting the offer from LCC. The British Visa Application happens to 16 pages long... blah.

I also had to do a do a Tuberculosis test to ensure I wasn't bringing the disease to the UK. But I mean, I don't think I would be running around making student visas if I were sick? And then I had to go do an X-ray at another location, and return the scans before 3 PM on the same day. Then I rushed to the Visa Application Center and handed in my application before it they shut down at 3 PM, and I barely made it. Thank god I did because I can't imagine running around like that all over again.

But then it's a matter of whether the British Embassy will grant me the Visa or not... *Sigh*

Even though I withdrew myself from LCF, I got their Welcome Pack this week and even though I'm not doing that course anymore, I'm still really excited about moving to London. I think it's going to be an amazing experience. I'm actually almost excited for cold weather. I mean, living in Bangkok and then Los Angeles, I've never really experienced the seasons changing. So, I hope I'll appreciate the weather. I've already bought an awesome leather jacket and a few scarves and gloves!


I'm leaving for London in 3 weeks. I can't wait!!!

5 comments:

Ariella said...

That is still really exciting, Sarah! I hope you'll enjoy London college of communication, and I'm sure you will love London. It's fantastic there. Would you stay at a dorm? And if you happen not to like it, or change your mind about the Fashion college again, I think you could just apply for it again.

Unknown said...

that is exiting. i love london, and i will spend a lot of time there, and i will move there when this school ends, hope that visa thing gets okay :)

Richel said...

I'm so jealous! You're always traveling!

Belowen said...

Wow, what a big decision! I'm glad that everything is working out for you though, and you must be so excited about moving to London! Best of luck darling! <33

Daisy said...

you are going to love London !! :)