Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back In The Motherland.

Bye, Downtown LA... I will miss you.

So, in the course of one week, I saw my boyfriend again, finished school, graduated, and packed up all my things and moved back home. Wow, I was a complete emotional wreck this past week! I was so happy to be done with school and I feel like I've really accomplished something. But then I had to say bye to some really good friends and it was really difficult. After feeling homesick for so long, I finally felt like LA was a place I could call home. I had good friends, a pretty cool internship going, and school was also going well. It's hard when a lifestyle you've become accustomed to comes to a screeching halt. All of a sudden, you're packing up your things, you're saying good bye to awesome people.

At our graduation

My BFF and I, laughing. She's wearing the sunglasses I got for her. We were balling about 30 seconds before this photo was taken.

Family :)

The entire ceremony was really awesome (but a bit too long) and it was just nice to see friends I haven't seen in a while. We had congratulations from the CEO of Bloomingdales, Macy's and even Paul Marciano gave us a little pep talk. That was really cool and unexpected.

So that's what has been keeping me busy the past week and half. Moving all the stuff into 5 suitcases (I don't really know how I accumulated so much stuff) and finishing up school. It was really intense. I feel sad about leaving LA, I really love this city. It was really daunting to leave LA after two years of wonderful experiences. I have nothing but positive feelings about my time there.

Outfits from my last week in LA:


Feel like I might be getting my groove back ;)

And I was tagged by the lovely ladies Ariella, Belowen and Pam and the rules are: “List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.”

  1. Lollipop by Lil Wayne - I love Hip Hop what can I say? This song is so catchy and I just want to bump and grind along to it. The lyrics are perverted I'll admit that, and a little sexist but I'm not one to be serious about a catchy song.
  2. Viva La Vida by Coldplay - I've been a long time fan of Coldplay ever since I first heard 'Yellow', but Viva La Vida is such a beautiful song and puts me in a really introspective mood.
  3. Time to Pretend by MGMT - This song is just plain awesome. It's about having fun and living in the moment, which is how I plan to live my life, forever.
  4. Shut Up and Let Me Go by The Ting Tings - I basically want to dance like a headless chicken whenever I hear this song. Awesome beat, lead singer has a great voice.
  5. I Wonder by Kanye West - Kanye West is a pure genius when it comes to writing songs, and this song pretty much sums up what a true artist he is.
  6. Whatever Happened? by the Strokes - I first heard this song on the soundtrack for the movie Marie Antoinette, and I just love it. It's rock 'n' roll!
  7. Beat It by Michael Jackson - It's a classic. Need I say more?
I'd now like to tag Nita, Jenna, Kimvee, Rodellee, Erika, Richel and Fashion Chalet.

Alright, I'm off to finish painting my nails, an eletric blue :) Yay for Summer!

P.s. What are everyone's plans for summer?

16 comments:

Pamela Tan said...

hi sarah! congrats to you! you look lovely in all ur photos,u look really nice on prints! really!

ur from bangkok? thats so cool! i might go there (hopefully) end of this year.. i wanna go back to phi phi islands and krabi!! waaah! :):) hope we cud meet if ever! :)

i completely know what u mean by moving from one place to another! :) the last 3 yrs, ive been moving back and forth to china-manila-shanghai and all sorts of stuffs.. its so weird! cos everytime im in manila, i miss china, when im in china,i soo missed home! and i really hate packing!! ~haha.

ps. one of my classmates in xiamen before - her name's PAM - she's thai & i think she's also in LA, and her dad is ambassador in thailand? i don't know if its a small world there though! hehe

okay this comment is getting tooo long.. im planning to go to HK this summer! :) and wakeboarding again in some exotic places in phils :)

meliindaa. said...

i love what you wear in EVERY SINGLE ONE of your photographs ;]

jenna said...

Sarah you bought that purple top from H&M!!!!! you look gorgeus wearing it, also you look great in shorts :)

Im looking forward to read all the atventures you have when you move to london. once again, my favourite city in the world.

just big hugs to you :)

Ohh and newest coldplay is so awsome, i mean they allways have done well but i just love the new song <3

Egle Z. said...

Congrats on finishing school! Feels great doesn't it? You look so pretty in every single photo! Are you going to London this year as well? I hate moving as well. xxx

FASHION CHALET said...

Congrats on the Graduation!!
Beautiful dress to wear as well =)

FASHION CHALET said...

thanks for the tag sweetie, seriously honored. but i already did it a few posts back. i love all of your song choices and style of course. xoxo.

Ariella said...

It must feel strange to be back in Thailand. Are you going to spend your summer there, and then move to London? Or will you be staying in Thailand?

I really like that flowery dress you were wearing!

kimvee said...

hey sarah!! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. I am going to upload more pics of my outfits on the forum and on my blog :) Btw, love your recent outfits, stylish as always :)

Congratulations on your graduation!! hehe I graduated from college too :)

Belowen said...

Aww, congratulations. What an exciting time for you. And you look great! xx

annaversary said...

Oh, how ironic I happen to bump into a FIDM alumni :)

May I ask how was your experience and what you plan to in the future, now that your done with FIDM?

D. said...

seems like we have similar tastes in music! XD oh and i love all your sandals!! where did you get them??

Wendy said...

Great outfits, oozing style!

annaversary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annaversary said...

Oh no, I am not an alumni, I'm a FUTURE ALUMINI though. HAha, I start FIDM @ LA this month on the 10th! I am so excited. I know that feeling of doubt, I've been getting so many different people tell me about the school, negative and positive, but I've come too far (that $225!) I am taking the pludge and finding out myself! If it's helped some people I am sure I can make it just like them!

Oh yea! They're offering a Bachelor's Degree now! Are you going to continue @ FIDM?

What's your major and what do you plan on doing while you do school? Will you be interning or anything?

Blicious said...

i love all of your outfits!

Couture Carrie said...

Beautiful florals!