Monday, June 16, 2008

Infatuated, Fixated, Posessed

Happy one month anniversary to me and my blog!

Wow. Time really flies. I remember when I was younger, I couldn't wait to be older. Now, I'm thinking, where did the time go? It's just absolutely mind blowing.

Have you ever tried something on, but doubted yourself, then went home and starting obsessing over it? Well, that happened to me this weekend. I took Kevin (yes, he's finally here!) to the Beverly Center, where we literally shopped until we dropped. I tried on this top I've been coveting since I saw it on Fashion Junkie and Fashion Poison, but at the time it looked totally unflattering. But when I went home I just couldn't stop thinking about it. I was just obsessed. I hope I'm not the only one who's like that.

Image via Nitrolicious


I mean, I just could not resist.

Another thing I've been completely going crazy over is the classic Chanel 2.55 flap bag. It's just insanely timeless and I just want one so bad. Of course I'll do it once I actually have a real paying job not just an internship. I don't know if I could ever shell out $2,000 on one item if it's not going towards something useful like a laptop, car or something along those lines.

Gasp, sigh, drool.

I'm going to post an outfit I wore today for a class presentation, but I'm still in a funk with my clothes. I've been shopping but I haven't been truly inspired about the way I style my clothes. I hope I snap out of it soon. I'm in a weird phase right now.


Excuse the mess. I'm about to be moving soon so everything is just everywhere.

My boyfriend is also in town which is so special. It's weird to think our long distance relationship is now over, now we will only be living two hours apart, instead of 10 hours apart and having the north Atlantic ocean between us. Something doesn't feel right like it's too good to be true; both of us feel like we're going to be leaving the next day. I'm graduating with an Associate of Arts degree in Merchandise Marketing this Saturday. I'm thinking of decorating my Cap. Any ideas?


P.S. For all you American lovers of TopShop, it's finally jumping over the pond and right into the middle of the Big Apple. That's right, I'm sure some of you have heard but TopShop is finally opening in the United States. It's been described as a "40,000-square-foot store composed of four selling floors; glossy shelving; futuristic lighting tubes and a DJ booth, both suspended from the ceiling; an "army" of mannequins; a shoe lounge; 32 changing rooms, and a VIP suite for the expected celebrity clientele". Sounds bloody amazing to me! Article from WWD

Thanks for the comments I appreciate them all!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the aniversary! that dress is super cute

NICOLE said...

i love that dress and shoe!


http://theavenuea.blogspot.com/

Belowen said...

The way I see it, re: the Chanel bag, is one day I will be able to give it to my daughter (when I actually get around to purchasing one), and that way it's an investment more than a splurge! <33

Unknown said...

agree with belowen^
oh i wish topshop would arrive to finland soon too!
you look so chic!

FASHION CHALET said...

I swear I want a top just like the one above. And you look amazing in that dress! ps: I am a huge Alice in Wonderland fan, so I really love the name of this blog. <3

Wendy said...

Nice outfit, just love those peep toe oxfords.

jenna said...

AH that topshop sounds HUGE and amazing. place you go crazy and your heart starts to jump , you are sweating you wanna everything! absolutely everything. then starts panic, you dont know what to pick beceause you cant get everything. hard times thinking. then you decide to go home. and all you can think is all the clothes.
I hate the feeling, but it is so addicting.
Gosh, thankgod we dont have topshop here in finland. hahaha i just would go crazy.

anyway, you look amazing in the dress. absolutely stunning <3

how are the kate moss for topshop dresses, did you get them?

Pamela Tan said...

ur style is always classy! i wish i cud go in that phase! haha

i miss topshop!! :):) they dont have it in china, but we have it in manila (weird) haha.

oh CHANEL 2.55! hell yeah, super expensive! i wish my dad wud just give me one (like my friends)! i'm just trying to get an LV, but i'm suddenly tempted 'bout going to vietnam (they said its the new shopping mecca, like bangkok).. huu.. handbag or travel.. :):)

Richel said...

I would love to have topshop open in san francisco!

heartu,kisses said...

for being uninspired you look mighty chic! the dresss is love! and so are the shoes!

Belowen said...

I tagged you! :)

qwkjdn said...

Cute style!
AND that Chanel bag is to die for.

Unknown said...

awesome dress and shoe!!!!!