Friday, June 13, 2008

Beginning Of The End

Good Bye...

So, I'm graduating from FIDM next Saturday (that's hoping I pass all my classes this quarter). It's really a bittersweet feeling to be honest. I know I should be happy, it's a big accomplishment. But it also means it's my last few days living in Los Angeles, a city that I've really come to love. I know I'm going to miss it. I just love meeting people, the new and different things that happen every weekend, the crazy adventures with my friends and all the laughs we've shared. As cliche as it may sound, moving here has totally changed my life, for the better. Moving all the way from Thailand I was forced out of a bubble and into reality, and I am so grateful for all that I've learnt here. I think moving away from home has definitely made me a better person. I'm confident in my own abilities, unafraid to take on new challenges and definitely stronger. It really took me a while to get the ball rolling in the city; finding friends that weren't flaky was very hard, being taken advantage of many times, but eventually I did find friends that are just simply amazing people. I started an internship with an online clothing boutique a few months ago, which I love, and now everything seems to be going well and I have to leave it all behind. I'm just confused about leaving because before it was all I wanted but now all I can think about it staying in LA...


Wearing today: TopShop Boutique dress, leather waist belt, UO Initial necklace and gladiator sandals from LA's fashion district

It's kind of hard not to go shopping when LA's fashion district is like 5 blocks away and has such cute and amazing things to buy... *sigh* but at the same time I've been feeling so uninspired with my clothes, I've just been repeating the same outfits over and over... Blah.

Much love and thanks for those who read my blog!

10 comments:

jenna said...

i know it is hard to leave behind that comfort area. but i bet you will learn to know new people and have amazing time in London!
just go and have fun <3

jenna said...

oh and thankyou from your sweet message. sometimes i feel like i should wear all those wierd cool clothes but your message made me understood (once again) that all i need to be is me. hahah

Ariella said...

As well as the hardness of it, it's always also so strange to leave something behind and be on the verge to start a new chapter in your life. But, sooner than you know, all the pieces will fall into place, and you'll feel comfortable in your new place.

When are you moving to London and what are you going to do there?

Wendy said...

This look is so casual chic. The silhouette of your dress is really fun and white is so crisp and fresh.

terren said...

Aw, congrats on graduating! i love this outfit. it's so perfect for hot summer days!

Belowen said...

That dress is beautiful! Is it still available, do you know? xx

FASHION CHALET said...

aw, thank you for that wonderful comment. you have great taste in dresses and shoes too! love your blog. :)

Unknown said...

why did u move to London again? i have forgotten sorry?
i love that outfit! it reminds me the Roman time, Cecar`s and stuff. love it! u are so pretty!
i am sure everything goes well in London, and u have new friends and just a great time! u are a lucky girl.u have lived 3 different countries and u are so young :)

heartu,kisses said...

i like the dress, and how you decided to belt it.
i go through spurts where i'm really inspired with my outfits and then droughts where nothing seems cute or new. it's all about finding inspiration in magazines and other blogs.....xx, kitty

Unknown said...

I love this outfit!! Very casual chic .. effortless!

Trade links?