Monday, June 9, 2008

I Met Perez Hilton

Yes I met Perez Hilton... At Hot Topic

So Perez Hilton has been mentioning a couple of times that he has a 'fashion line' coming out at Hot Topic. I don't think I have purchased anything from Hot Topic since 2004 when I bought a 'Vote for Pedro' shirt as a joke. But anyway, I really wanted to meet Perez Hilton ever since I moved to LA (been reading his website since 2005... introduced my best friends to it) and so I convinced my friend who lives right in Hollywood to go to the Hot Topic Store at the Hollywood & Highland center and meet him. We didn't actually spend the $20 like we needed to in order to get wristband to talk to him. I actually spent $8 on a pack of six earrings as shown below:


So we waited in line (I can't believe I actually did for Perez) and he was about a half hour late, and offered his fans free spring rolls. When we actually got to the table where he was signing, he was so mellow, he didn't even flinch when I told him I was from Thailand, but he complimented me on my mustard yellow Balenciaga bag. He asked me if it was Marc Jacobs. Shouldn't Perezzle know this stuff? Anyway.. to review his line, it's actually way too scene looking for me, but I shouldn't be surprised anyway because it's Hot Topic. I took a picture got his autograph blah blah... I was just over it, because he was too. I was actually genuinely excited, but it was obvious he didn't want to be there. He was wearing baby pink hair extensions and lots of foundation. He was nice though. My friend took a picture on her phone but it didn't send so :(.


Tarot Cards... How much do YOU believe?

So on a drunken Friday night I went to a Psychic with a friend. I told the psychic I'd do a Tarot reading (past, present and future) if she offered me a better price because I'm a starving college student. So for $20 she would do it. She lured me in by saying she had a lot of good things to say, and that was my energy was good. First she said, you're stubborn. Yes. You work hard but no one really notices. Yes. You are unhappy about how things are going. No, I tell her, I'm actually quite happy with the way things are going. You're lonely at times, she says. Yeah, but who isn't? And then all of a sudden she says I have a dark aura, and that once it's black I can't do anything to change it. People can feel my negativity even though I'm not a negative person. She also proclaims someone's cursing me, and has taken a lock of my hair and is using black magic on me. She then says she can fix it with crystals, candles and incense, to which I responded, "right, for another $20?" and she replies "money is just a piece of paper. You are young, you are beautiful, you shouldn't have to go through this". She then continues to ask me if I was in a relationship, and I asked, "Can't you tell me that?" Since you know, she's a so-called 'psychic'. She says no. She then says I am unhappy and I am running away, and unsure of our relationship. I say, "no, I am actually running to him, he's coming to LA this Thursday" and eventually I just got so pissed off because she was clearly taking random guesses and I stormed out and left without paying because let's face it, it was total bullshit. I told her "this is not worth even $5, I am not paying, this is crap". I really did not feel like paying $20 for something any person with even the slightest rational thought could tell me.

The rest of my weekend was rather mellow, which is nice. The boyfriend is flying in this Thursday, and I can't wait to see him. For some reason it feels like I haven't seen him in years, but it's actually only been about two months.

What I am wearing today:
KM for TopShop dress, UO Ballet flats.

P.S. OMFG!!! I'M ON PEREZ HILTON!!! For only like, half a second though. I'm in his video that Hot Topic made of all the fans that went to see him at H&H. Here's a print screen:

*Click to view bigger*

I hope you had a nice weekend!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

okay, gain i am jelous, that dress would be my dream come true, when you get bored please sell it to me :D

e said...

UGH i love that dress. can't find it anywhere :( but i am so glad u met perez! i introduced him to all my friends many years ago too hahaha.

Unknown said...

i watched satc, it was okay, but nothing special..but i enjoyed it. but usually i like different type of movies, this was defenetly chicflick but the clothes was cute and i like samantha :) shes hilarious!

Pamela Tan said...

perez hilton! he's such a hit that i forget he's also a filipino :)

i noticed u loved KM's topshop line! :)

when are u going back to bangkok?? i love it there! have you been to phuket and phi phi islands..? the beaches are DIVINE! *cries*

Belowen said...

Ballet flats, loooooooove <33

Wendy said...

I don't like the stuff from his line at Hot Topic. But I love love love your dress.